One of the most frequently asked questions is “What is love?” Scientists keep researching and studying and yet, we still don’t know precisely what love is.
Our romantic and sexual balance is as important as our physical, emotional, and spiritual health and well-being. So, until we get clear answers from the scientific community, what can we do to attract good Feng Shui, ensure that relationships and romance are flourishing and thriving and that love is in the air?
These 14 Feng Shui tips will help you renew, attract and welcome love and romance in your life:
1. Declutter your bedroom and closets. It means, nothing under the bed, no piles of books or laundry, no bills waiting to be paid on the nightstand… Keep your bedroom organized with items you love so that the energy flows freely and you can sleep well, think clearly, and wake up energized.
2. Yin energy is comforting and helps us rest and relax. Stress is a romance killer! Make your bedroom personal, with enough window treatments to create a peaceful sleep environment at night so that you wake up feeling refreshed and well-rested in the morning. Use dimmer lights, soft music, and colors that invite relaxation such as Earth (beige, yellow, peach, sandy pink…) and Metal colors (white, grey, silver, gold…) It will naturally open the doors for you and your partner to connect intimately.
3. The perfect bedroom should have the right balance of Yin and Yang energy. Air your bedroom daily and let natural light in during the day. Invite fresh, clear, and free-flowing energy, avoid stagnant, old, or blocked energy.
4. Place your bed properly. Avoid flushing it in a corner, prefer both sides of the bed easily accessible.
5. Avoid sleeping with the top of your head toward a wall that shares a bathroom, kitchen, fireplace, IT closet or heavy electronics. It could cause health and other issues.
6. If you’re newly married or in a new committed relationship, get a new mattress. Get rid of the energy of prior lovers and enjoy a fresh start.
7. No water. No aquarium, wall fountain, tabletop fountain, or waterfall in the bedroom. Water is disruptive to your energy when you sleep and it could create some distance between you and your partner, and even extra-marital affairs. Water is primarily used to enhance wealth and must be placed strategically to avoid affairs, sex scandals, addictions, and other unwanted results.
8. Disconnect. Keep TV, computers, electronic devices out of the bedroom. They emit EMF that is disturbing to your energy field and can cause restlessness and insomnia. The bedroom should be reserved for sleeping, rejuvenating, intimacy, and lovemaking. Your love life will improve if you do not have a television, your smartphone or a tablet in your bedroom.
9. Mirrors are not recommended in the bedroom. They should not be placed directly across from a couple’s bed or reflect the bed. It can cause couples to fight and argue over petty things.
10. Ceiling beams over the bed are “sha chi or killing energy”. They are bad for health and relationships and can cause couples to argue, bicker or even split and divorce. Cover the beams with drywall or fabric or opt for a canopy bed.
11. Select only artwork you love. Be mindful of what’s hanging in your bedroom, above and across the bed, remove negative representations and symbolisms. This is very likely what you see before going to sleep and waking, so choose something inspirational and motivational, something that makes you feel good.
12. Only photos of you and your partner in the bedroom. Avoid family, kids and friends’ photographs as well as deities. Do you want family members or friends staring at you in your most intimate moments? Display photos of those you love most in the hallway or the living room, not in your bedroom. If you don’t have a partner yet and would like one, have photos or artwork representing what you would love in your relationship. The bedroom is about you and your partner.
13. Keep the bathroom door closed and yes, putting the toilet seat down is an act of love – and of better Feng Shui.
14. This Year, Love is in the Southeast. If possible, sleep with your head to the Southeast where the Love and Romance energy is visiting in order to meet a new partner, enhance an existing relationship and stimulate sexual energy. Remember, if the overall Feng Shui of your home is good, it will support your relationship too. If this year, you don’t have someone to share Valentine’s Day with, celebrate your own way. Do something that brings you joy and makes you feel the love! Your celebration doesn’t have to be predictable with chocolate and flowers. Many charities and organizations would be thrilled to have you contribute, help, work, and donate. What a great way to feel connected and great about yourself.
To a deeper connection with our Self and the love within each one of us!
Gift Certificates are available. They make personal gifts that keep on giving. Contact us for more information at 213.268.8722.