Led Zeppelin – Stairway To Heaven
July 2014 Newsletter
Stairways are an important part of Feng Shui; they carry strong, powerful energy. When designing a space, their location should be carefully selected as well as their style especially since their making and installation can be costly. The proper type of stairway in the proper location can help the energy flow throughout the floors of a residential or commercial space. Inadequate stairways can create problems and be wealth and health depleting.
- The worst Feng Shui location for a stairway is the center of the house. It can cause wealth loss and problems in all areas including health issues such as problems with bones, skeleton and joints.
- A stairway aligned with the main door, especially if too close to it and in a small foyer, is to be avoided. In Feng Shui, the entrance to a building is called the mouth of the Qi because this is how the Qi enters. A stairway in this area is unsettling and can cause loss of money and opportunities for the head of the household or the owner of the business. The staircase should be at least 10ft from the front door so that the energy can come in, settle and nourish the home and its occupants.
- With a stairway aligned and close to the front door, the Qi goes straight upstairs or downstairs and the main floor is depleted from energy.
- Avoid stairs going down and out the front door since the Qi leaves the property and depletes its occupants.
- Avoid a stairway in your health area, (+80), because it can create health problems.
- Avoid a stairway ending at a door because it depletes the occupants and the house or workspace of their Qi. It also can cause financial and health issues.
- A stairway should have full steps and no open space because it loses its energy and the Qi is not carried to the second floor. In some cases, it is possible to add risers to remedy the issue.
- Not all staircases have the same energetic impact. Avoid spiral staircases since they are unsettling.
- Wood is the material of choice for stairs.
- Stairways should look and be stable and grounded.Stairways can be costly and complex to remodel and move, although most of the time it is not an option. So if you live or work in a space where the stairways are either improperly located or have a wealth and health depleting style, remain aware of what’s happening in your life and maximize as much as possible the auspicious energy in other parts of the building.
“My purpose is to help people get the most out of their lives and make the world a better place, one space at a time.” Francoise Courty-Dan