Weather is getting warmer, days longer and lazier and you may have already adopted an out of school, laidback attitude. Summer will officially be here in just a few days, on June 21st. This is the perfect time to apply these 9 simple steps for a healthy, happy summer:
- Celebrate the warmth. Jump into flip-flops, a summer dress or short pants. Have dinner outside, in the backyard or on the balcony. Sit facing one of your best directions. First find your Gua Number and then your Best Directions.
- Enjoy the summer scents, bring some fresh flowers in your home, it will immediately lift the energy.
- Give your diet a boost by setting a Farmer’s market ritual and load up on your favorite seasonal fruits and vegetables.
- Stay hydrated, drink a lot of water and if you wish, add lemon, ginger, cucumber or mint leaves. Eat lighter meals, up to 5 times a day.
- Take advantage of your summer schedule to unwind. Spend time in a lounge chair or a hammock in your backyard or at the park; sit, relax, nap, read a book – even just a few minutes a day, it will benefit your heart rate, blood pressure and mood.
- Get enough Zzzzzzz at regular hours. Resist the urge to stay up late during long summer evenings. Make sure you sleep to one of your best directions. First, find your Gua Number and then your Best Directions.
- Fill up on Vitamin D, however, make sure to protect from too much sun, even on a cloudy day. Wear a hat, sunglasses and sun skin protection.
- Move! Be active! It will lower your stress level and summer is the ideal time to exercise, walk, hike, swim, roller blade, ride your bicycle to work, and play outdoors. You’ll feel more energized, more fit and toned and your spirit will be boosted.
- Start and end each day by reminding yourself what you are happy and grateful for.
Now that you have good tips for an amazing summer, which ones are you ready to put in practice?