Days are longer and warmer, life seems simpler, summer’s here and so is time for a little relaxation and recreation with lots of sunshine. Let your inner child come back to life, forget your worries, dream big and enjoy yourself with these 5 tips for an awesome yin and yang summer vacation:
- Sleep to a favorable direction. Even at Aunt Ann’s, the B&B by the lake of your childhood or the George V hotel in Paris, you’ll sleep better and your vacation will go smoother if you sleep with your head to one of your Best Directions after finding your Gua Number. If you’re vacationing with children, have them sleep to their Yen Nien or +70 Direction .
- Eat healthy, however indulge. How to do that? Simple! Treat yourself to fresh colorful vegetables and fruits abounding with anti-oxidants, nutrients and fiber, savor grilled fish, drink a lot of water, and splurge with a moderate size sorbet or a peach pie. The secret is to enjoy every single bite of it with no guilt.
- Do what you usually don’t do. Allow yourself to do one fun and scary thing (to you) a day. Spend the night in a tent, go paddle boarding or fly on a trapeze with your children.
- Spend some time alone every single day, no exception. It will keep tension with your family or travel friends away. Take one or two breaks a day for a walk on the beach, some reading or a nap.
- Be active, enjoy the outdoors and of course, go to a museum and see a summer flick.
Harmony and balance are about Yin and Yang: the healthy diet and the indulgence, the time alone and the social life, quiet and loud, and indoor and outdoors. If you follow these 5 simple tips, you’ll come back from vacation grateful, relaxed, bubbling with creativity, and ready to move mountains. Share your favorite yin and yang tip for summertime.