Cleanse Your Home With White Sage
Sage burning or smudging
Sage burning or smudging your space contributes to a fresher, more vibrant FengShui energy. It is an easy process that you can repeat as often as you wish.
Origins of sage burning
Are you feeling stuck?
What is sage burning or smudging?
Where to buy high-quality sage?
Prepare for sage burning
Clearing your body
Smudging is not only for spaces, it’s also for clearing your body, mind, and spirit of any negative or stagnant energy. Breathe deeply and direct the sage smoke around your body from head to toe, front to back, right and left before smudging your space or someone else.
How to do a sage ritual? Simple!
- Preferably after cleaning and clearing your space of clutter, open doors and windows and let fresh air in.
- Light a bundle of sage for a few seconds, traditionally over an abalone shell, extinguish the flame and let the embers start smoking.
- Set your intention on cleansing the space of any bad energy, impurities, negativity, problems, or anything that does not support the people living there, and ask for protection and peace.
- Slowly walk from room to room, starting at the front door, waving the smoke into the air, and taking it to each area you would like to cleanse, including every corner, closets, under counters, behind curtains, along ceiling lines, laundry room, basement, garage, and everywhere your intuition is guiding you.
- When you’re done, cup your hands over the smoke and pretend to wash your face with it, repeat all over your body like if you were doing some ablutions, visualizing any negative residual disappearing entirely.
- Extinguish the stick in a cup of water and dispose of it safely.
How often should you smudge your space?
Smudge as often as you feel; stagnant and negative energy can accumulate even in homes with great Feng Shui. Burning sage on a weekly basis can help bring light and peace into your space, and open you to new opportunities.
If you need additional help, contact your Feng Shui Consultant.